Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: Switched

Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1) by Amanda Hocking

Published 2012 (first published 2010) by Macmillan Publishers Ltd,
Paperback, 238 pages
Source: Received from PanMacmillanSA for a honest review.






"When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.
"

- From Goodreads

 



7/10





From the beginning of this novel I was hooked! It starts out with a bang that carries right through. The storyline was unique as well as the paranormal element.

Wendy gets thrown into this very interesting world of “Trylle” with their fascinating mythology and ways of life. Wendy is temperamental, entertaining, unpredictable and real. With a whole host of diverse and remarkable characters to complete this fascinating world.

The novel reads very quickly and you can easily read it in one sitting, forgetting about the world around you. The writing flows and the story includes everything you need in a YA novel – fun, excitement, romance, intrigue and action.

I can't point at anything I disliked about this novel, I just wanted something more.

But I can't wait to read the sequel to see where Ms. Hocking takes us!





http://amandahocking.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/amanda_hocking





“Did you think you could treat me like shit at a dance, then sneak into my room in the middle of the night and tell me that I'm a troll with magical powers, and I'd just be like, yeah, that sounds right.”
Amanda Hocking, Switched










10 comments:

Lan said...

I've been wanting to read this one for a while now because noone seems to have done trolls as a theme before and I want to see how Hockings pulls off good looking trolls because I can't imagine it! The quote is so funny. Great review.

Roxy Kade said...

Hi Lu, sorry to take over this post like this! But I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you with the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD!
Check out my blog http://roxykade.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

Hope you don't mind :)

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

This is the first I've seen this particular cover. I really like it.

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I have this one on my bookshelf collecting dust :( I need to dust it off and start reading ASAP!

ShadyLane said...

Sounds good! Newest folower!

http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was definitely an interesting read!

Nora @ The Bookery

prada handbags said...

The ensuing journey is the replica handbags kind of animated fare that kids will likely love even as their hermes replica parents impatiently check their fendi outlet watches.

arpdigitech said...

In the event that You are confronting any sort issues with Bittrex? Dial Bittrex Support Number ?+1-877-780-8636 ?Phone Number and fix all record issues. On the off chance that You are confronting any sort issues with Bittrex? Dial Bittrex Support Number +1-877-780-8636 Phone Number and fix all record issues.

arpdigitech said...

In the event that You are confronting any sort issues with Bittrex? Dial Bittrex Support Number ?+1-877-780-8636 ?Phone Number and fix all record issues. On the off chance that You are confronting any sort issues with Bittrex? Dial Bittrex Support Number +1-877-780-8636 Phone Number and fix all record issues.

arpdigitech said...

In the event that You are confronting any sort issues with Bitstamp? Dial Bitstamp Support Number ?+1-877-780-8636 ?Phone Number and fix all record issues. On the off chance that You are confronting any sort issues with Bitstamp? Dial Bitstamp Support Number +1-877-780-8636 Phone Number and fix all record issues.

Post a Comment