Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Published: October 3rd 2006 by NAL Jam
Paperback, 248 pages
ISBN: 0451219945




















Goodreads Summary:

"College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood."

My Take (Mild Spoilers):

What i liked about this book is that the Vampires are actually scary and a bit creepy :) 
The story line might not have been the best but atleast you don't find a girl falling in love with a Vampire :P Not that i have anything against it, its just a nice change!

I did wonder why someone didn't just slap Monica, but oh well i guess the vampires will come and get you :P I was also annoyed that everyone kept treating Clare like a "kid" when they themselves are only a year or two older. A bit hypocritical if you ask me. 

For some unexplainable reason the book also reminded me a bit of the Sookie Stackhouse series. I will read more of this series and if you haven't read this one yet, give it a shot and see what you think.

Oh and one hell of a cliffhanger!

My Questions:

Why does Clare not just leave when poeple start beating on her? Talk about hanging on for dear life for no real reason than to go to school?

Why could she not just be 18? It would have taken a lot of the "you're to young" annoying scenarios out?

Favourite Quote:

"Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time. I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something"
- Shane

Link to the Author:

http://www.rachelcaine.com/

Fan Videos that will make you want to read this series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaz_pV8t33A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHegcGSvo0

My Rating:

5/10

Next Installment:

The Dead Girl's Dance by Rachel Caine


2 comments:

Black Disaster Fairy said...

I just got this book for my Nook. Another friend was raving about the series, she read all 8 books in a week. I've stayed away from it but it looks like I will be trying it out soon.

Twisted
http://literarydaydreams.blogspot.com

Sugar and Snark said...

Let met know what you think!

Post a Comment