Friday, July 1, 2011

Review: Matched

Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie

Published November 30th 2010 by Dutton Juvenile
Hardcover, 366 pages
Source: Bought from Bookdepository



"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."

- From Goodreads

 



6/10





I think I went into this book expecting a little too much. At first it was going fine, then I found myself bored. The last 60 pages or so was really exciting though so it sort of made up for it.

I love the world Ally Condie created. The society, the officials, the rules.. its fascinating.

The romance felt a bit forced at times for me. Like the only plot...
I want to know more about the society, the background of it!

But as I said the ending made up for the boring bits in the beginning and middle.

Now for those who have read it:

I really liked Xander and felt really bad for him. But love triangles always leaves me a bit bitter. Do you think she should have stayed with Xander? Or maybe taken him with somehow?

The red pill scenario was really great, I love how everyone follows blindly but at the same times is happy with their lives.





http://www.allysoncondie.com/
@allycondie
http://matched-book.com/
http://matched-trilogy.livejournal.com/






"I came up on the screen, too, Cassia. But he was the one you chose to see."
 
"Our time together feels like a storm, like a wild wind and rain, like something too big to handle but too powerful to escape."
 












Crossed (Matched, #2) Crossed (Matched, #2) by


 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved this one myself! Check out my thoughts @ amandarostew.blogspot.com

I'm beginning to hate love triangles...You can't love two people!

Post a Comment