Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Published August 25th 2010 by Scholastic (first published 2010)
Paperback, 455 pages
ISBN: 1407109375
Source: Bought at Bookdepository for $9.21


"My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.
"

 



8/10





What a great trilogy and what a brilliant ending! Although I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did the 2nd one, it was still a great read! Things happen in this book I didn't even think of or couldn't even imagine and to me that makes a great read.

I was surprised, thrilled, shocked and at times sad that the story had to come to an end. I do have one complaint, the end pages seemed a bit rushed but its only a minor thing.

This is definitely one of my favourite series and I will re-read it soon! I'm also excited about the movies coming out :)

*Spoilers*

I was really glad that Katniss ended up with Peeta and was really sad about Prim. I loved that Katniss shot Coin, she had it coming!





http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/





"Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear."
Suzanne Collins (Mockingjay)

"Finnick?" I say, "Maybe some pants?"
He looks down at his legs as if noticing his outfit for the first time. Then he whips off his hospital gown leaving him in just his underwear. "Why? Do you find this" -- he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose -- "distracting?"
I laugh. Boggs looks embarrassed and Finnick looks more like the guy I met at the Quarter Quell"
Suzanne Collins (Mockingjay)

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

"You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."
Suzanne Collins (Mockingjay












None :(
 
 

4 comments:

WildIrishRose33 said...

I'm glad you liked it! I think the first one was my favorite... possibly. Ok, maybe a tie between the first 2. But I am glad about how this one ended up. :-)

Kat said...

Another awesome fan-made trailer! I love these things, thanks for posting it. :) I really liked Mockingjay, though not nearly as much as the first book-- it's my favorite by far. Also can't wait for the movie!

La Toya said...

I agree with WildIrishRose, my fav was the first book. But a solid series in general for sure.

La Toya said...

oh and I also agree with Kat haha.

Post a Comment