Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review: I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) byPittacus Lore

Published August 3rd 2010 by HarperCollins
Hardcover, 440 pages
I
sbn13: 9780061969553


"The narrator of this action adventure novel calls himself Number Four, but the three previous numbers have all been caught and killed. Each of these superhuman entities resembles we mere earthlings, but that resemblance conceals powers new to our weakling planet. Pittacus Lore's unconventional fantasy will cause you to look closely at suspicious strangers."

 



6/10





I was really excited to read this book, and it did deliver in a way. But in some ways, like where it takes time to get to a point, it disappointed.

I like the concept and would most likely read the next book in hopes that its faster paced. I do hope that the next "battle" scenes make a bit more sense and that its not all over the place as in this one.

This is one case where I think the movie will actually be better than the book. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, I just think it could have been more...

*Spoilers*

In my opinion Mark and Sarah should have gone with. But I guess him pining for her will make a better plot line in the next one. 

Very sad about Henri! And I wish "John" read the letter before the book ended, but ah well. The end fight also seemed forced.

Pros:

* Entertaining
* The movie should prove to be good

Cons:

* Doesn't get anywhere
* Overrated
* Predictable





http://iamnumberfourfans.com/
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/l/pittacus-lore/





"And even if we were hunting vampires, what the hell is the Silly Putty for?" 











The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) by Pittacus Lore
Photobucket

1 comments:

Brooke said...

I felt the same way about the first half of this book. I didn't even try to finish it because I just couldn't get into it (which is rare!).

Of course, then I read about the publisher and the connection to James Frey and decided I was okay with giving up on this series... Course, that's must me.

~Brooke
http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment