Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling

Published July 8th 2000 by Bloomsbury Publishing
Hardcover, 636 pages
I
sbn: 074754624X


"Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger."

 



9/10





This is probably my tenth re-read. But this book stays brilliant! The other schools are so unique and fascinating, not even to talk about the great thrills of the challenges!

This book is the start of everything. Some secrets are revealed, and the books start to "mature".

Harry, Ron and Hermione are growing up and we see more of the other Weasleys.

JK Rowling is just as funny as always and introduces tons of new characters.

I also love Hermione and S.P.E.W

*Spoilers*

I have read this book many times, but I still feel sad every time Cedric dies!

I am shocked and disappointed every time that Fudge fails to recognize that Voldemort is back. I would have thrown a book at him or give him a good hard slap. /vent over





http://www.jkrowling.com/





"It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."

"I’m never wearing them,' Ron was saying stubbornly. 'Never.'
Fine,' snapped Mrs. Weasley. 'Go naked. And, Harry, make sure you get a picture of him. Goodness knows I could do with a laugh." 











Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling,


0 comments:

Post a Comment