Sunday, November 7, 2010

Guest Review: The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

As Reviewed by my Guest Reviewer Lauren

Published March 16th 2010 by HarperCollins
Hardcover, 336 pages

I had this book on my to-read list for a while before I actually picked it up and started reading. It's not that I didn't want to read it, it’s just that the idea of dead bodies doesn't scream "fun read" to me. So I just kept reading something else instead.

When I did finally start reading it however, I just couldn't stop! I read it in one sitting I didn't even get up to pee (thank god I read fast and have a strong bladder!).

It’s just such a well written book. With the perfect contrast of a dark stalking killer, blossoming love and understated paranormal ability.



There is no magic in this book just an average teenage girl with a psychic ability. No ghouls and goblins or lore to bog down the storyline. There is however a dark and twisted killer on the loose!

But I personal thought the best part of the book, which was all pretty awesome, was the relationship between Jay and Violet. It was just so honest and real, I don't think I’ve ever read a 'friend falling in love’ story that has ever felt so true or passionate. I really loved this book!

5/5 Stars

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment