Monday, September 13, 2010

Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Published: February 1st 1999 by MTV
Paperback, 213 pages
I
sbn: 0671027344



















Goodreads Summary
 
"Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it, Charlie is navigating through the strange worlds of love, drugs, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", and dealing with the loss of a good friend and his favorite aunt.

My Take:  

This was a truly great book! I looks at the life of Charlie, a wallflower. He observes everything but rarely participates. It is an extremely funny (I was laughing a lot and my boyfriend kept on looking at me to see what I was laughing at) book but also made me truly sad at times. 

I fell in love with the characters and will always treasure this book! Charlie is deep and honest and the way he sees things are truly beautiful! 

Might just be one of the best books I have read, and I'm sure Charlie will be with me forever. 

READ IT!

My Questions

Did you love it as much as I did?
If not why?

*Spoilers* (Drag over to highlight)

In the end we find out that Charlie was molested by his Aunt which was shocking, as she is one of the people he loved the most. It also explains a lot of his strange behaviour!

Favourite Quote:

"So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

"I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have."

Link to the Author:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephen-Chbosky/105926009439218?v=desc

Videos that will make you want to read this book:



My Rating:

9/10

Next Instalment: 

None

2 comments:

Alice V said...

One of my sister's favorite books and I still have to read it.

Sugar and Snark said...

You definitely should :)

Post a Comment